Friday, March 19, 2010

Decisions

I had a teacher in high school that use to say, "we are today, the sum total of our decisions". I have found much truth in that statement even though I think it may be a slight bit more complicated than that. Dave Ramsey often says that we will be the same next year as we are this year except for the books we read and the people we meet. There are certainly situations that we face that we did not create by our decisions, and we must react to them correctly to move forward. But with all of that said, our decisions do play a HUGE part in our present and future. The voice of the Holy Spirit and His leading is one of the most precious things we can have in this world. When we stand on the verge of decisions that we may or may not realize the impact of, we need His direction. Some of the decisions we make will have a very small effect on our lives and others will completely alter the course of our lives, and/or the development of our character or maybe the success or failure of our careers or family life. Yea, decisions are very important. Am I making the decisions in my life that are leading me to be and do all that God has for me and my family? Am I making decisions that will lead others to be and do all that God has for them? Or am I making decisions that will hinder others? What kind of decisions are you making?

No comments:

Post a Comment