Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Inspiration

So, I'm at the beach in Destin, FL, emerald green waters, white sandy beaches, blue, red, yellow, orange, white, green and many other color umbrellas dotting the shoreline, and something I wasn't really expecting to find - new inspiration. It's amazing how our routine surroundings and schedule can lead us into tunnel vision without us even realizing it. I came to the beach to rest, spend time with the family and take a break from 'ministry', a break from sermon preparation and creative thinking and planning, in other words, to just chill out. I'm doing that and loving the time with Angela and the kids, but I found something unexpected yet really awesome - fresh inspiration. I've sensed more personal renewing and fresh creative juices flowing than I have in...well...a long time. I'm wondering if I am on to something really spiritual, like, maybe I need some beachfront property! lol

1 comment:

  1. You rascal! You got me!
    I was expecting something real profound - well, I got it, but it wasn't what I thought would happen!
    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete