Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What kind of work am I building?

3.20.12

Title: What kind of work am I building?

Scripture:
But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. (1 Corinthians 3:13 NLT)

Observation:
The scripture is clear that Jesus Christ is the only foundation for lives. It's also clear that as we work for the Lord, we are building on that foundation. It is also clear that it's possible to build works that have no value and will be burned up in the judgment seat of Christ. What's the key to building works that are fireproof? Motive.

Application:
The old saying goes, "God knows my heart"; the often alarming thing about that statement is that it's true!!! The "why" behind the things I'm doing for God is the real issue. If they are for selfish reasons or if they are hypocritical acts (such as to be seen of others), they will burn up & not stand the test. Works done for the Lord from a pure motive - to glorify God by serving Him & others - these works are fireproof and will be rewarded.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus, please help me to sincerely and honestly evaluate my motives as I serve You. May the illumination of the Holy Spirit cast light upon my heart. Forgive me of any selfish motives and may the goal of my heart be to glorify You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment