Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Witness continued

3.7.12

Scripture:
Now get to your feet! For I have appeared to you to appoint you as my servant and witness. You are to tell the world what you have seen and what I will show you in the future. (Acts 26:16 NLT)

Observation:
This verse is part of Paul's testimony to Agrippa concerning his conversion. Paul says that Jesus told him to witness of the things Paul had seen and would see. He was appointed by Jesus as a witness to the world & specifically the Gentiles. Jesus also told him to get up - and I'll add, get to it!

Application:
As Acts 1:8 says, we are filled with the power of the Holy Spirit to fulfill our call to be a witness for Christ. Just as Paul, we can only be a truly credible witness of that which we have firsthand experience. Paul could testify about Jesus because he knew and experienced Him personally. We often recount others experiences to people and that's good, but we are a witness of and for Jesus when we testify of our firsthand experience with Him. So, I think He says to me, "get up!" & "get after it!"

Prayer:
Jesus, thank You for revealing Yourself to me personally and saving me from my sins. Thank You for calling me to be Your witness and filling me with Your Spirit & power. I pray that You empower me afresh and anew today to fulfill this call, to witness of my firsthand experience with You! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment