Friday, April 20, 2012

Because of Mercy

4.20.12

Title: Because of mercy

Scripture:
But—“When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.” (Titus 3:4-7 NLT)

Observation:
I am saved, because of God's mercy and not because of any righteous things I have done. This is as clear as it can be in the bible. Because of this, I have the confidence that I will inherit eternal life - because of His mercy. It took mercy because without it, I'd be condemned and hopeless.

Application:
I don't ever want to think, walk, or act like I'm saved because of how great I am. I want to share with those in my sphere of influence and the world that it's ONLY due to the mercy of God!

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, may the Holy Spirit fill my life today that I'll be humble, grateful to You and share with others, the great story of Your mercy, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment