Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Live in a way that pleases God

4.10.12

Title: Live pleasing to God

Scripture:
Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you. You live this way already, and we encourage you to do so even more. (1 Thessalonians 4:1 NLT)

Observation:
Paul is writing to the Thessalonians and all out of love. He "urges" them/us in the name of Jesus to live in a way, or a life that pleases God. This was/is the way taught by Paul & the disciples. If there is a way of life that pleases God, then there is a way that doesn't.

Application:
My heart's desire is to please God with my life. So, I must live in a way that pleases Him. I find this way in the principles of the Word of God. I can surely be encouraged and advised by others, but ultimately I find the way of the Lord in His Word. As Wayne Cordeiro says, "wisdom doesn't come in a day, but it does comes daily", as I study & live the Word.

Prayer:
Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus, help me to make Your Word a priority in my life greater than ever before. May the Holy Spirit empower me to read, study, learn, apply and live the Word that I may live in a way that pleases You, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment