Monday, April 16, 2012

Beloved & Faithful

4.16.12

Title: Beloved & Faithful

Scripture:
To bring you up to date, Tychicus will give you a full report about what I am doing and how I am getting along. He is a beloved brother and faithful helper in the Lord’s work. (Ephesians 6:21 NLT)

Observation:
Paul called Tychicus a "beloved brother and faithful helper in the Lord's work". I can't think of many things more awesome than being thought of that way by God and His Apostles. He must have been a incredible follower of Jesus, he left a great name and legacy.

Application:
Beyond being a faithful husband and father, I desire these 2 titles as much as any. I hope to be known as "beloved & faithful", as a helper in the Lord's work. We don't read a lot of words about Tychicus but we read ALOT about him in the few word we read. That's how I want to serve the Lord.

Prayer:
Father, I pray that I will be a faithful servant, that I will honor You, my family & Your church with my life. Grant me the help of Your Holy Spirit, in Christ Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment